Sunday, June 16, 2013

Exploring Paris

Today our first stop was Musee Caranavalet which highlights Parisian history. Conveniently located in my arrondissement!

I loved the windows here!
 



I like seeing how familiar places looked long ago.




Also, I saw this painting! Of Juliette Greco apparently.




















I immediately thought of this lady from Anastasia:




But apparently the lady in Anastasia is actually someone named Josephine Baker:
Baker Banana.jpg



Afterwards, I finally got to try a croque madame! The eggs kind of make it hard to see the rest of the cheesy sandwich underneath.















Passed the Bastille...
















...on the way to the Promenade plantee .It used to be a raised railway and then was converted into a garden that stretches 4.7km.















We walked most of the way and stopped at the Jardin de Reuilly. There was a water station that had spigots for both regular water and sparkling water! My labmates tell me this is not that unusual. The park was packed!
















We enjoyed a nice break on this hill until we started getting splashed by nearby water balloons...















Then we visited Montmarte and Sacre Coeur and also got some macarons!


No comments:

Post a Comment