Friday, May 10, 2013

Germany part II

Okay, workaround...I just took the SD card out and put it into the SD slot in my computer. In my defense, it's almost 11pm and I got up early today!!


Taunusstein
















Schloss (castle) Heidelberg, overlooking the city of Heidelberg.

















Look what the French did. Granted, the stores of gunpowder did not help.





















Different parts of the castle were built by different people so there's a variety of styles.

















Crazy sundial (I'm assuming).

















The French basically burned it all up. The exterior stone frame is all that remains.
















Some interior parts were restored.




































There were many coat of arms in the windows. (Oops, I guess maybe coats-of-arms. Like culs-de-sac. And roomsmate. You're welcome, Gilmore Girls fans.)





















We went up this spiral staircase!




















The city is next to a pretty river.
















HUGE wine cask on display. I think it holds something like 220,000 liters?




















Slightly smaller wine cask.


1 comment:

  1. So Mariah Carey is out with some friends and she's had a couple cocktails, she glances down from the roof and says, "Oh, look at all those culs-de-sac."

    ReplyDelete