Sunday, July 28, 2013

Frog legs!

I think this only sort of counts because I ate it at a Chinese restaurant. But there you go, frog legs, CHECK!












There was more than one. Actually there was probably two frogs' worth. Maybe four if they only use the hind legs. To be honest, it didn't taste like much and it was really tough. Seemed overcooked, the postdoc at my lab was saying that while the taste is pretty mild, the meat should be sort of like chicken but fattier.

I also splurged (after a long day at lab...) and got a spring roll. Damn mint though. They keep putting mint in these. I found out through eating at the cantine that I apparently don't like mint. Toothpaste, yes. Minty candies, yes. Savory foods and fruit, no. A the cantine, they usually will put a sprig of mint on a bowl of fruit. I always pick off the mint but the flavor always had permeated the top layer of fruit already.

1 comment:

  1. You ate a lot more frog legs when we lived in New Brighton. It was gross.

    ReplyDelete