Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Things outside my window

The day before or the day before the day before Bastille weekend, 50 some planes and helicopters must have flown by my office window. Not all at once, they would come in clumps of 3-10 in interesting formations. Most of them were smallish planes tailed by a flying wedge of what looked like fighter jets. I still have no idea what it was for, maybe practicing for Bastille day?

Sorry, this wasn't one of the more interesting groups.













On my way to work one day, there was a lot of smoke over the Seine near the lab. The nearby bridge was covered in ambulances and firetrucks. From my office window, I could see the source of all the smoke. Later I saw this article, apparently it was the Hotel Lambert and it was on fire and some art was destroyed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment