Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Grenoble (Days 3 and 4)

Here's me and my poster! I didn't realize it was supposed to in the portrait orientation...













At the end of a very long but exciting first day, we all took a coach bus to Chateau du Mollard for dinner.













I forgot to take a picture of the chateau before it got dark... They hired an illusionist for the night!!! I think I knew how to do most of his tricks, sorry, illusions, which actually ruined the fun for me...





It was pretty fancy.













Salad course




Main course was guinea fowl, asparagus, and polenta with a really tasty balsamic reduction.












Cheese course. Thank goodness for lactase pills.













Dessert was ice cream, macaron, and what seemed to be a little baby persimmon.





I was exhausted after the first day! I had an abbreviated second day since I had to leave before the end of the workshop, but I did make a useful contact with one of the professors there! It was also awesome meeting and hanging out with my fellow fellows.

The French countryside is really pretty. We rode first class back to Paris which was spacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment