Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Last day in Paris

Okay, I should start with yesterday. It's been really crazy lately but I'm happy with my labmates around. Yesterday the postdoc and I were waiting for a UK visitor. We had a really interesting talk and after that, around 8pm, I noticed I was starving. I had some leftover lunch and went to the kitchen. Pretty much everyone who wasn't on vacation was still there, minus the assistant professor. It was really nice. We sat around the table with out random food and just relaxed and chatted for an hour or so. I think it was the perfect way to wrap up my stay.

Today was my last day! It was kind of hectic but everything got done! 4 months doesn't sound so long to me anymore, I feel like I've been here much longer. I liked the environment a lot and the pace. Everyone gets in around 9:30-10 with the exception of two earlier birds. Around lunch time, everyone tries to coordinate what time we should eat and lunch is pretty laid back. Afterwards, at least a few people will be sitting around with a post-lunch coffee chatting and sipping. Then work continues til 6 or 7. It's a nice pace I think, especially when there are plenty of other people around working too!

I'm really looking forward to getting back to Joe and lilyface but I'll really miss it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment