Friday, April 19, 2013

Notre Dame

There are too many choices for h'ordeurves.













Ended up going with the prosciutto wrapped melon :)













My eggs!













Passing by Notre Dame, I was surprised to see that the doors were still open. I could also hear singing so instead of walking straight home to eat, I ventured inside.

It was packed! The two sides of this seated area was blocked off for tourists to mill around (quietly). There was a lot of Latin and some very nice singing. I overhead someone saying something about Ordination?




















Someone was playing the organ too which was incredible to listen to.













Despite all this, I couldn't keep my eyes off the architecture, it is even more amazing on the inside, it almost doesn't look real. Especially loved the violet lighting on the second (?) floor, not sure if that was due to the stained glass or not.













I had to get a glimpse of the large circular stained glass window from the inside since I walk outside it everyday. This was the best I could do...













Eventually my hunger got the best of me, and I headed out. Passed by the Fountain of the Innocents on rue Saint-Denis near Les Halles.













Listening to music makes the six flights of stairs infinitely more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment