Monday, April 8, 2013

Pro/con list

Con: Slept through my 5 alarms
Pro: Still made it to lab meeting (I was presenting!) on time.
Pro: People seemed to understand what I was saying.
Pro: And there were pastries.
Con: The one I picked was ridiculously sweet and also big. I was nauseated for the last 25% but my PI was sitting in front of me so I finished it. And then drank lots of water.
Pro: After lab meeting I went to check my email, found a copy of Thursday Next #3 waiting, thanks Andy!
Con: Haven't had a chance to read it. I should put it on my phone!
Pro: I learned a lot today
Con: Over the course of 10 hours...
Pro: Ordered a panini for lunch at place across the street, yum!
Con: Wasn't super filling so I ended up eating two more beignets from this morning.
Pro: Learned how to graft microbeads onto chick embryonic limb buds. Used a "microscalpel"!
Con: Had 29 eggs to practice on...
Pro (Well, technically a Con I suppose): Many of them were bad eggs or unfertilized so I couldn't graft them. I did get twins in one egg!
Pro: Finally finished. ~8 eggs total. Postdoc said that was pretty respectable for the first time, so this is a pro.
Con: Not technically done, had to plate some cells and the tissue culture set up is...very different.
Con: Rushed back to the apartment to hopefully set up better internet with landlady.
Pro: It was getting dark as I walked back but the city was pretty, things were starting to get lit up like the Hotel de Ville and the Tour-Saint Jacques.
Con: Trying to pay for my internet was a nightmare. No fast internet yet...
Pro: Buddhist noodles to make myself feel better.
Pro: Got to skype/gchat with some pals!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment