Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday sightseeing

So, after my morning talk with Joe (happy 83 months! :) ), I decided to go out for lunch. Le Velocipede happened to be close by so I ate there.

My food. I don't remember what it was called, it had "legumes" in the name. The waiter was nice.













I was really really full after eating 1/3... it had a lot of stuff I didn't like but it was hard to pick around. : /  So...that dish was so-so. I'll have to try something else next time.

Next, I walked to the metro and rode it all the way to Ecole Militaire, right by the Eiffel Tower!
Note: it was cloudy today so none of the pics are too good... I'm sure it'll be better when it's actually spring and not this leftover winter.

I feel like now I'm officially in Paris.




















From there I walked up to the Champ Elysees, then over to the Jardin des Tuileries. Well, again, it's practically winter still so I'm sure it'll do much better on the "Jardin" part later.
















I was not expecting the Louvre to be RIGHT THERE at the end! The two girls in front looked really amazed at something. Or they were photobombing my pic, not sure.



















Sorry I'm not really good at taking self pictures yet... plus my face was kind of numb from walking around outside for 3+ hours so it was difficult to smile.




Pyramid! For some reason I didn't know the entrance was here! Well, one of them I guess. The main one.



















After this, I rested for a bit back at my apartment which is actually not far. Then I took the metro back to the Eiffel tower area because I missed checking out the American Library in Paris. Yeah... so I recently found out that the couple books I brought are numbers 1, 2, and 4 in the series... I'm on #4 now but I really want to read #3! This library actually has it! Membership is kinda pricey for borrowing so I was going to stop in a read for a bit. There was also a used book sale going on which was nice since I almost finished all the ones I brought already. The problem was, I apparently didn't memorize the exact location that well....... After at least an hour of scouring the streets, I chanced to walk down this narrow sidestreet to cut from one major street to another and I passed this lady who was coming out a door... out of the corner of my eye I glimpsed books! And that was it! There was incredibly poor signage. But it was it, I found my book



and read the first four chapters, I also bought two books! Triumphantly, I returned to my apartment.

Well, I'll definitely be back in that area to visit the library again, plus I really want to see the Eiffel tower's light show!

No comments:

Post a Comment